Archive for July, 2008

New and improved items

Saturday, July 26th, 2008

I spent most of today writing code for items.  Most of it’s based on the general structure of items in RPG Maker 2000, but I threw a few new things in: (more…)

What is the action matrix?

Friday, July 25th, 2008

I was working with sprites last night, and finally got something coded that I’ve had running around in the back of my head for months: the concept of an Action Matrix. (more…)

Good news and bad news

Monday, July 21st, 2008

First, the bad news. I wrote in my last post that I’d worked out a new file format that could squeeze the heck out of sprite sheets. Turns out I hadn’t tested it thoroughly enough. The reason the file was so small was because it was losing a lot of image data. I had to rework most of the code. It’s stable now, and still a bit smaller than PNG or XYZ files, but not by such a huge margin anymore. (more…)

Building file formats

Saturday, July 5th, 2008

Yes, I’m still alive. Yes, I’m still working on the TURBU project. No, it’s not vaporware.

I’ve been saying that too much lately.

What I’ve been doing for the last couple weeks is working on establishing a new system of file formats to store TURBU project data. (more…)