Thanks to some more bug reports from Everlong’s DJC, I’ve got another bugfix update ready over on the Downloads page. This fixes several issues with Event Builder, a couple in the Database viewer, and several graphical glitches when drawing water tiles. Hopefully things are stable for now and no other serious issues will come up.
Archive for June, 2010
Yesterday I uploaded the 0.8.0 installer, and I mentioned the Everlong project in my post. This morning I got an email from the author of Everlong. He was able to convert his project in the Project Importer, but when he tried to open it he got all sorts of errors. Oops!
He sent me some very useful information, and I’ve been able to fix a handful of glitches and build a new installer. 0.8.1 is up now.
TURBU version 0.8.0 is out now. You can find it on the Downloads page.
This update was supposed to be ready last Saturday. Then I tried to run Everlong through the project importer and discovered a handful of new bugs, one of which took quite a while to track down and fix. But since the author of Everlong has mentioned several times that he’d like to port his project to TURBU once the editor’s ready, I figure it’s worth taking the time to make sure it will work right.
If you’ve used the project importer before, you’ll probably notice that the map conversion phase goes noticeably slower now. That’s because it used to only read the map data and disregard all the event scripts, but that’s no longer the case. Now it will convert the events into the new TURBU Event Builder format, which creates a script tree that you can view in the Map Object Editor box. You can’t edit scripts yet, but that will be in the next release.