Archive for April, 2009

Update’s ready.

Wednesday, April 8th, 2009

I just uploaded the new update.  I managed to get the RM2003 issues fixed, and now it’s nice and stable.  You can get it on the Downloads page.


Progress report

Monday, April 6th, 2009

I’ve spent the last few weeks setting up some stuff to make it possible to embed a SDL rendering window in a Delphi form.  This last weekend I finally got the last of the little details worked out, and now it’s working.  I’m going to build an update sometime this week.  I’d have one already, but I recently noticed a bunch of incoming hits from the Everlong site, and I downloaded it and tested Everlong in the project importer.  The author’s done some really incredible things with RPG Maker 2003, really pushing the envelope in a few places, and it helped me find a few holes in the import code, which I want to fix first.

I also managed to track down and patch an issue in SDL’s image loading code that was slowing things down.  The new update won’t look much different from the last one, but it’ll run the project importer a lot faster, especially for projects with lots of images, and the sluggish feeling some people have been getting when changing from one class to another in the database viewer will be gone.