Archive for February, 2011

Update 0.8.8 at long last

Saturday, February 26th, 2011

I took a few months off from working on TURBU directly in order to build some stuff that will greatly improve the scripting system, once I get it implemented. But now I’m back on track and I’ve uploaded a new release. It implements several new editors, fixes a few bugs, and makes projects load a little bit faster by moving some of the work into the background.

This means that you don’t have to sit and stare at a non-responsive user interface and wait for the entire project database to load into memory when you hit F8 or go to edit a map object; the editor will automatically take care of that in the background when you first open the project. Unfortunately, until the background loading is complete, you won’t be able to use the database or map object editors, but this will get you up and running faster overall, and it adds a progress bar at the bottom of the editor so you can see how far along it is.

I’ve made some changes to the import code and to the database, so previously imported projects are no longer valid and will need to be re-imported, but you probably expected that anyway by now, right?

Changes since 0.8.7:

  • Moved project database loading to an automatic background task
  • Fixed an import error when converting an event script containing a Full Heal command
  • Added support for global event scripts in the database editor
  • Added support for adding new lines to an event script
  • Changed the project importer so that a successful import will automatically load the imported project into the editor
  • Fixed script generation errors for integer variables, and for the Teleport, Change Experience, and Keyboard Input commands
  • Fixed a bug on the Switch editor where sometimes all radio buttons could be deselected
  • Added editor support for several new script commands
  • Fixed a script conversion bug where the contents of the ELSE clause on conditional statements got put outside the ELSE clause (on the level above it) instead of inside
  • Fixed a couple graphical problems related to resizing

More to come soon!

  • Implemented