Archive for June, 2011

Bugfix release 0.9.1 is ready

Saturday, June 25th, 2011

I’d just barely released 0.9.0 when DJC from the Everlong project sent me a handful of bug reports about various things with music playing and script editing being broken.  The script stuff was fairly straightforward, but the music wasn’t.  The problems were showing up on his end, but not on mine.  But after a few days of coordinating back and forth and debugging with him, I found the problems with the music playing code and managed to fix most of them.

There’s one problem.  MP3s won’t play right.  There are some pretty serious compatibility problems with the MP3 library I’m using, problems I can’t fix.  I’ve reported the issues to the maintainer and he said he’ll look at them pretty soon, but until they get fixed, I’ve disabled MP3 support in TURBU to prevent crashes and memory corruption errors.  Hopefully I’ll be able to re-enable it soon.  But the other music types are all working fine, so go ahead and grab the installer from the Downloads page.

Version 0.9.0 is finally ready!

Saturday, June 18th, 2011

The past few weeks have been one demonstration of Hofstadter’s Law after another for me.  I figured that putting the finishing touches on the project conversion code would go quickly, and then more and more new details to take care of kept popping up.  If I was going to claim that the project converter would never have to be run again, I had to make sure that it would catch everything, and that’s harder than it sounds.  But I finally got everything finished up and tested, and I’ve added the new build to the Downloads page.